Willaston Pain Management Service is a co-ordinated use of interdisciplinary therapies for people with persistent pain.
The principles are ;
• To minimise the interference of pain on a patients lifestyle
• Help people understand their pain and their symptoms.
• Provide strategies and skills that will allow them to cope and function
• Provide realistic exercise goals
• Reduce dependency on medication
Treatments that may be used;
• TENs machine
• Personalised exercise programmes with realistic goal setting
• Clinical pilates
• Mobilisation and Manipulation
• Patient education and advice