Acupuncture may be offered to you as part of your course of physiotherapy.
The use of acupuncture for the treatment of pain is supported by an ever-growing body of evidence. Acupuncture is widely accepted within both the NHS and private practice.
Following careful assessment acupuncture will be suggested if your physiotherapist believes it will help to improve the effectiveness of your overall treatment.
All physiotherapists using acupuncture at Willaston Physio & Sports Rehab are bound by rules of professional conduct set by the British Acupuncture Council.
Acupuncture can help with:
• Muscle and joint problems
• Back and neck pain
• Rheumatoid and osteo-arthritis
The effects of acupuncture are;
• Increased production of natural anti inflammatories and painkillers including "feel good" endorphins
• Stimulation of the areas of the brain that regulate pain
• Stimulation of certain nerves that prevent pain signals being transmitted to the brain.
• Relaxation of tight muscles and trigger points
• Release of hormones that promote relaxation and stress reduction
Acupuncture appointments can be made with Physiotherapists Carole Burton and Dan Hopwood.
If you are interested in Acupuncture and how it may be able to help you, please do not hesitate to contact us.